Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny Day!

"It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."
Somerset Maugham

A few days ago, I finished the book, "A Test of Will." After finishing the book, I went to the author's website. This man is truly inspiring! Check it out here (I encourage you to click on the link entitled "Watch Warren's Video" near the top right hand of the page).
Both legs amputated above the knee!

This weekend was relatively nice outside, with some sun, which made running even more enjoyable. Plus, I had the pleasure of trying my new Garmin and...I can honestly say I loved it :) I haven't mentioned this yet, but I have a birthday coming up soon and the Garmin is my birthday present from uber hubby...how great is that! I think he's enjoying it as much as I am...we changed our route today during our run and I knew it was no problem, because I would know exactly when we reached the 7K mark...very cool. I also didn't have to worry about figuring out my pace...it was all there!
The one thing I haven't figured out yet is that it gives me my average pace, but I'd like to know my pace per km. Is this something I need to program on the watch? Or, is it something I need to do on my Training Center page?
In other news, I was very excited to see that today, I reached exactly 100 miles...yup, 100 miles in less than 2 months...I'm extremely proud of myself! :)
Note: Sunglasses and a headband...come on spring, I'm ready.
Hope you all had a great weekend.
I look forward to reading all the race recaps!
Cheers!

p.s. Thanks everyone for your understanding regarding my last post. Glad many of you know exactly how I felt last Thursday. Just know that none of this takes the joy out of running for me :)

24 comments:

Momma Twitch said...

100 miles! Yay!! I can't wait for spring either...it needs to hurry up!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats on 100 miles! And for your love of your new Garmin! Hope you had a great weekend!

Libby said...

Yay for Garmins and congrats on the 100 miles! I know for sure in the Training Center you can see time/km but I'm not sure if you can look at all of them during the run. Hmm... Mine you can see the splits on the watch too after the run is over

Marlene said...

I have the older model (205) and it shows me current pace as well as average pace, and also beeps every kilometre showing me the time for that split. I'm not familiar with the 405, but I would think you could set up the same functions.

Anne said...

It's actually on the Training Center page that I'd like to see my splits...I just don't know how? :)

Miglena said...

Yes, 100M! Good work! As for the pace, yes, you can set it up to show you the pace as you go, not just your average one. I can show you when we (if we) get together this week :)

Julie said...

Hi Anne,
Good Lord girl, you look so thin and trim:) It is so fun to hear that Uber hubby is enjoying running just as much as you!! My husband has talked me into taking golf lessons! I suck at golf but it will be quality time spent together:) I really like my garmin too!! It is so fun to look at the data in the computer and see all the stats:) You are doing great and I know that you are really going to surprise yourself with how well that you do in your future runs! I love the quote:) I hope that you have a wonderfu week Anne!!

Alicia said...

Welcome to the "For the love of a Garmin" club! Your runs will never be the same again!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Anne - maybe you have already figured this out - but in case you haven't . . . you might not have the auto lap option turned on.

menu / training / options / auto lap

As I said before - I love my Garmin - it was a lot of fun to see how many miles I covered when I was skiing and it is motivating knowing exactly how far and fast you are running / or biking.

Hope you good weather continues. We are expecting between 2-5" of snow - starting this evening. Temp's have been very moderate this weekend. low 30's . . . almost feels warm. ;-)

have a good week.

Anne said...

Thanks Linda...that was indeed the problem :)

Teamarcia said...

Glad you are enjoying the Garmin! That's a great gift. I can tell you how to get splits on my old 205 but i'm not sure your newer model works the same way.

ajh said...

I look at my splits after my run. You can highlight what you want during the run. It sounds like you have figured more out. Isn't it fun? But I didn''t start it correctly at my race today. I forget it needs to be "played with" just before you start.

Amy said...

100 miles + sunshine = great weekend!!! Glad you are doing so well!

Jamoosh said...

100 miles - rock on!

Psyche said...

Hi, Ann. When's your B-Day? I have one coming up, too (March 7).
Garmin. Crack for runners! Soon, you too will not be able to write Garmin without adding pbtn (praise be thy name) for fear of retribution:) Ha ha. Have a great day!

Tricia said...

Great job on the miles!

wannabewriterrunner said...

Congrats on 100 miles!! Happy early bday.

Robin said...

100 miles: FABULOUS!!

That you are happy: UBER-FABULOUS!

Happy almost-birthday.. you've almost got me talked into a Garmin. I'm reading everybody's thoughts on them lately. Love the idea that you can change course midway and it'll recalibrate for you. Very good feature when in training!

btw: Would love to feature you on the Turtles blog Wednesday Winner segment in upcoming weeks. Are you interested? If so, will you e-mail me, so I can send you the interview questions: trtl.rnr@gmail.com

Would love to share you and your story with the Turtle friends. :-) You are such an inspiration in my world!!!!

momof3 said...

100 miles! ROCKSTAR!!!

I love what psyche said, Garmin=crack for runners. that is SO TRUE.

ajh said...

Please visit my blog. You've been tagged.

Meg said...

I just read your last post and I loved it! I'm glad you worked out the Garmin issue, it took me a year to really get the whole "Garmin" thing down. I received a new one for Christmas and it's still taking some time to get it down! Can you upload yours on the computer? I do know that you can go to the Garmin website and watch a video on many different topics and issues that you might have with your new toy! Enjoy and congrats on the 100 miles!

Anne said...

And proud you should be of that 100-mile marker.

momof3 said...

A, I can TOTALLY get why you might NOT want to go with the single letter nickname, eh? Thanks for the laugh! g.

Jameson said...

People lovvve their garmins. I may have to get one myself. Congrats on the distance.