Monday, February 8, 2010

Mondayzzzzzz

"Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Mondays are busy work days and include no training. It's actually perfect that Mondays are OFF days on my training schedule. One nice thing though is that I had lunch with my daughter. I just love spending time with her, she's such an amazing young woman.
She and I in Paree :)

Here's what I learned from my last post:
1) No one will admit mentioned that they think not running a whole race is not really running a race ;) Thanks.
2) A few people mentioned that if we are going to walk, we should make sure to move off to the side (which makes a whole lot of sense to me)
3) Many people used run/walk for their first races, but then were eventually able to mostly run (Ah!)
4) Almost everyone told me to do what works for me and not worry about others (which I was totally expecting from you amazingly encouraging bloggers) :)
G'Night and Cheers!



10 comments:

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Agree especially w/#4. And I love hearing how much you love being with your daughter. Mine is 4 at the moment, and I look forward to knowing her as an adult;-)

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Good recommendations. When in doubt . . . listen to your own body and do what you think is best for you.

Peace

Amy said...

Thanks for the recap!

ajh said...

Glad you had lunch with your daughter. I won't be seeing mine for awhile but at least talk to her frequently. I am enjoying this older relationship with her.

runningfrom said...

You know how I feel. I had problems with the shape of the course for crying out loud! But I do not consider the goal of my first time to be running the race, but completing the race. My future goal, if I am lucky enough to achieve this one, is to run the race. I think that will take a couple of years of marathon training, not just running to keep fit as I have been doing the past few years. j'x

Marlene said...

Yay for Mother/Daughter day! What a nice way to start the week.

Julie said...

Hi Anne,
I love spending alone time with my daughter!! I am glad that you had a good time and a nice lunch together:) Have an awesome day Anne and keep smiling:)

Miglena said...

love the recap! I never thought about walking on the side of the road but it totally makes sense!

momof3 said...

My mother just left for Bermuda, so it will be probably 8 or 9 months before we can have lunch together again. ~sigh~
Have a stellar day!

kristen said...

cathcing up on your last post about walking. I really don't think it's a very taboo issue. If walking during during protions of a race meant you hadn't actually completed the event, then I certainly wouldn't have run two marathons -- and there's NO WAY I'm letting anybody take that away from me! I've heard really good things about the galloway method. In fact, if I would have used it for my last marathon I would have probably been closer to the time I wanted...maybe :)

I think the trick is that you have to commit to the method from the begining including walking when you don't feel you should. That's probably the hardest part. Good for you for taking your destiny in your own hands! good luck!