Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lungs and vacation :)

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy."
Yves Saint Laurent

I'm not aiming for ease...it's passion all the way!
This week, I am super busy with work because we leave for our vacation this Friday morning. We are headed for Varadero, Cuba for one week, and I'm excited. I will get to run in shorts and a tank top for the first time ever! I have been warned by my dear friend Miglena to wait at least two days before attempting a long run in order to let my body adapt to the temperature (she spoke from experience).

I ran 3K this morning and although I ended up doing fine, my lungs are giving me a bit of trouble these days. I always have a bit of a dip at this point in my monthly cycle. It's so easy for me to forget that asthma is going to impact my running journey. I mean how important are the lungs right? Thanks for the reminder Robin. The reason I started running in the first place was to improve my lung capacity. It seems to be working because tomorrow it will be 99 days without prednisone...and counting! 

Joanie has skated and she brought tears to my eyes.
I am so proud of Joanie Rochette, she skated beautifully...and I am so sad for her loss! Bravo Joanie!

I may not have time to write again before I leave Friday morning. I also doubt I will be writing from Varadero, but I'll tell you all about our trip and the nearly naked running when I get back :)
Have a great week!!
Cheers!


23 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Anne,
I am so excited for you because you are going to Cuba!!! You have to take tons of pictures for me and post them in your blog!! I am so sick of the snow and just want spring to get here already!!! You are going to have a blast:)

Thank you so much for sharing a little bit more about you!! I love that you and your husband have been together since you were sixteen...congrats, that is amazing:) You are a very special lady and a wonderful blogger friend:) I can see why you were given the Gorgeous Blogger Award!! Thank you so much for the tag, you just made my day a little brighter:) I hope that you have a wonderful time on your trip to Cuba....enjoy!!

Meg said...

Wow, I loved the fact that you went back to school later in life and finished up at 45! I will definitely share that with my daughter, that is so inspiring! Have fun on your trip, I've always wanted to go to Cuba. Que se vayan bien!

Jamoosh said...

Great to hear the lungs are improving. Triple digits without prednisone coming up!

Teamarcia said...

I'm so happy to hear you're off Prednisone for so long! Great!
Have the best time (and soak up some heat and sunshine for me will ya?) in Cuba!
And I cried right along with sweet Joannie last night. My heart breaks for her and her family.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the great award sweetie! You are gorgeous too! I think going back to school is super. As a university professor the 'mature' folks who come to my classes are always a treat and something for the younger folks to learn from! Cuba! How cool is that!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Such an interesting list. I love learning all these little things about bloggy friends. Enjoy your trip! I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Marlene said...

Have a wonderful time in Cuba. I LOVED running on the beach! So nice to jump in the ocean afterwards.

Jocelyn said...

Wow you get to go to Cuba. Sigh. Being an American mean I cant go :( My dad lived there when he was younger (My grandfather was in the navy). Have a blast!
Keep working those lungs!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Thanks Anne for the award - I will post this evening.

Cuba sounds like fun - but unless things change Iwill never be able to go. But warmth,sunshine, blue seas and relaxation sounds wonderful. ENJOY

LINDA

Lily on the Road said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Sounds well deserved.

ajh said...

Great job on the lungs! Wow! I have been married about 26 1/2 years. Have a great vacation! You deserve it!

Steel Springs said...

Have a great time in Cuba! Enjoy the vacation.

kristen said...

That's so sweet about your Hubby. I love a high school sweethearts story.
Have a GREAT vacation!!

jenn w/ 2 n's said...

WHOOOHOOO! A Vacay in the SUN! Good for you! We'll all be here when you get back!

Heather said...

Have a great vacation - what an awesome getaway!

Sarah said...

WOW have a great trip! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. :)

Melissa said...

I hope you have a FANTASTIC vacation!!

Amy said...

Have a wonderful vacation and soak up lots of sun while you run!

Psyche said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable vacation! Thanks for tagging me, and sharing those things about yourself. I love that you love your work. We have a lot in common!

kilax said...

Have a wonderful time in Cuba! I can't wait to hear about your runs there :)

Congrats on being with your husband for so long. That's awesome!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm a little late catching up, but hope you have an amazing time in Cuba!! :) Bring home some good weather!

Jill said...

I hope you have a great trip...and thanks for shaing your things about your, I find all of them so interesting and love hearing about other blogger's lives. Makes us seem so much more....real! :).

Giorgio said...

You started running for health reasons and now your lungs are improving. That's great!
Have a nice holiday in Cuba.