Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Start!

"Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression."
Karen Horney

My half-marathon program starts on Thursday and I am excited about getting started. Until then, I have been resting and today I went for acupuncture to give my hamstring a little extra healing power (although the pain was quite mild, I just don't want to risk serious injury). Tomorrow, more rest plus my zen yoga class.

I am amazed at all your lovely comments. It's always nice to know that others are going through or have gone through similar issues. I am so over feeling too slow...
Thumbs up to running at my own pace!
Oops...it's a little past 10pm...gotta go. G'night all.

Cheers!

8 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

It never fails to surprise me at the support you get from the blogosphere!! Glad you're feeling more comfortable about things!!

Jocelyn said...

Enjoy your yoga class! Rest up! You will rock that 1/2 and all the training!

Julie said...

Hi Anne,
Cheers to getting ready to start half marathon training:) You are going to love it and you will do awesome!

ajh said...

It's always fun to start a training plan with an event in mind! Enjoy!

Jessica said...

Just ran into your blog and I really like it!!

Marlene said...

Sounds like you are refreshed and ready to go with the new training program. Good luck!

Jon Gilchrist said...

good luck with that Half Mary training.

TX Runner Mom said...

Sounds like you are all set! Can't wait to read more about your training!