Saturday, July 3, 2010

Marathon training - week 2 done...and so much more!

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

I have 20 minutes...so I thought I'd give a quick update on my week. Training is going well, despite the fact that life has definitely been too busy to criticize anything. I missed my Wednesday run due to a work emergency. Thank goodness, that is the one run that I don't mind missing as it doesn't seem to affect the overall training. Thursday, I spent much of the day helping my daughter move. Then after dinner, I went for my 10K tempo run in her town...which, happens to be very hilly. It went well though and I was pleased. Friday I went to yoga and suffered through lots of hamstring stretching exercises...then I completed my gym workout. Had lunch with my close friend Miglena and then Uber H and I met friends for dinner and a really great evening at the Montreal Jazz Fest...the weather was perfect and the atmosphere amazing! A fun evening in excellent company :)

Today is a special day...the man who has been there for me through it all (sickness and health, good times and bad times, richer and poorer...etc). The man who is my rock, the one I can ALWAYS count on...the one who built our house and our home...the one who is an amazing father...the one who is my favorite running and life partner...that wonderful man is celebrating his 53rd birthday today! I love you so much dear Uber H...you really are an Uber Husband! We started the day with a nice 6K run together...and we are now off to celebrate. It was also my mom's birthday this week, so it's a big family celebration this afternoon.

Through it all...busy days and fun activities...training continues.
Cheers! 

11 comments:

Irene said...

Happy Birthday to your Uber H! Enjoy your weekend, too!

Claire said...

Happy Birthday Uber H!!!!

ajh said...

Happy Bday to your husband. Glad your training is going well.

Heather said...

Nice job with your training. Happy birthday to your hubby!

Meg said...

I LOVED that quote, thanks for that and I hope you have LOTS of fun celebrating! You're guy does sound like an Uber H!

Laura said...

Happy birthday to your hubby :-) Hope you're both having a brilliant day!

Kelly said...

There are days when I watch how big my kids are getting and feel sad that they'll never be little babies again, then I read a post like yours and realize how much I have to look forward to... your kids are always your kids & will forever need a mom & plus you get all that extra time again to spend with your partner going to Jazz festivals etc. Hope you had a great time celebrating!

Jamoosh said...

Jazz fest sounds F.U.N!

Julie said...

Hi Anne,
Congrats on finishing week two of marathon training! I am going to be cheering for you every step of the way:)

I am a big jazz fan...my daughter plays the sax and listening to jazz music always puts me in a good mood!

Happy Birthday to Uber Hubby!!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Happy B-day Uber H!;-)

Alma said...

Sounds like a fantastic week - Montreal Jazz Fest! Feliz cumpleanos a su amor :)