Sunday, July 4, 2010

Another special day!

"More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse."
Doug Larson

"A long marriage is two people trying to dance a duet and two solos at the same time."
Anne Taylor Fleming
29 years ago today...we said I do!
We had no idea what that would entail. We learned that marriage is not a fairytale, it is something that requires major personal investment. We learned that, being fully invested in the relationship is not always so easy to do...especially while going through the "raising young children" years. There are many amazing moments with young children, but it doesn't make it easy. Most importantly, we learned that hanging in there through the worst of times (which pretty much all couples go through at some point) was the best thing that we ever did...our history together is what makes us so strong today...and now we are experiencing a good dose of the best of times. I love you Uber H and I feel your love for me strongly. Happy Anniversary to us :)

This morning, we started our day with a 13K LSD (long slow distance)...what a great way to celebrate our union. Uber H took a few pics...although he didn't manage to catch the skunk that strolled across OUR street a few feet in front of us!
Being silly for the camera :)
The beautiful bike trail on the canal.
Uber H looking pretty sexy for a 53 year old ;)
Coming around the Fort - by the water...beautiful area to run in.

Happy Fourth of July to all my friends in the United States!!
Cheers!

29 comments:

ajh said...

Happy Anniversary! You look great too!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Happy Anniversary! Great pictures!

Miglena said...

WOW! Beautiful pictures, a very moving post (I had tears in my eyes while reading)... and loved the first quote :)
Happy anniversary to you and F.! I am hoping B. and I will be "just like you" at our 29th anniversary...
hugs

MCM Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! (BTW, you won the sunglasses on my blog, so email me at mom2shoo at gmail.com with your address and which pair you want.)

mommaof3ontherun said...

Happy Anniversary. I wish young people knew how much work it takes to keep a marriage going....I hear many girls say that love is enough. I beg to differ....if it was only that easy!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! Great pictures. :)

MomRunningFromCancer said...

OK - I will type this again. I just lost my previous post.

CONGRATULATIONS on 29 years together. As you said marriage isn't always easy. I think it is so absolutely cool that you have "found" runing after all these years and it is something that the two of you get to enjoy together. Way to go.

I would love it if my husband were able to run or bike - but he has a really bad back - and has actually been pretty laid up for about the last month and 1/2.

Happy Anniversary!

Claire said...

Happy Happy anniversary!! I hope when Skip and I have been married that long I still have the stars in my eyes about him. Awesome pics!!

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary. The couple that runs together...well, runs together. :-)

Beth said...

Congrats on building a rewarding life together. Great run and pictures, too.

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! I am looking forward to those years too - once the kids don't sap so much energy anymore... Getting there slowly but surely. Thanks for sharing!

Jamoosh said...

#1 - Congrats! #2 - That looks like a really nice 13K course.

Johann said...

Happy Anniversary! May you share many more wonderful years together.
Great pics! Looks like a very nice run.

Marlene said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Nice pics from the run.

Pat said...

Happy Anniversary! Those quotes are great, especially the first one.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on marriage well lived! And your running is looking great, you are just on a positive vibe right now! Cheers!

Laura said...

What a great way to celebrate :-)

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary and cheers to a successful marriage! The two of you are a very attractive couple:) Thanks for sharing the pictures!

RunKathyRun said...

Congratulations on 29 years of marriage and what a great way to spend the day!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Happy Anniversary. Love the quotes and your first pic. need to go show my own DH;)

and look at you two now, 29 years later running together. embarking on this trail;-)

Meg said...

I love how you cherish every moment together, you are blessed and I need to borrow that quote about dancing a duet and two solos together. That is just beautiful!

Johann said...

Hi Anne, thanks for your confidence in my "excellent physical condition"...I wish!

Black Knight said...

Happy anniversary! Beautiful place to run through. Great pictures.

Sherri said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love all LOVE holidays! I even created my own...silly me! Your a great couple!

I love your running pictures...what a great place to run! =)

Janine said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSAIRE to you , je suis fière de votre beau parcours depuis presque 30 ans. QUELLE BELLE RÉUSSITE EN CES JOURS , GARDEZ LE FOCUS N'EST PAS TOUJOURS FACILE. Je vous souhaite d'être heureux au max, je vous aime

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary...new to your blog.
Love the pics!

Iron Mike said...

Cool week for you with the birthday and anniversary, glad you enjoyed it!

Robinsgothealth.com said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! What a way to spend it...running and enjoying each others company...priceless!

Yours in Health,
Robin

kilax said...

Wow! 29 years! Congrats!

And what a great way to celebrate the day :)