Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stretching...

Here's an old quote, to which I've added a twist :
"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be." Jeremy Schwartz
"Live every day as if it were your last, but remember, it might not be" Anne

Indoor run today and I did an 8K...YES! I'm very happy. I felt a little bit of pain here and there, but I have a feeling I was being hyper vigilant. My thigh was feeling a little tight by the end, but I'm good. Does everyone wait until they have their first injury before they start to get serious about stretching before and after a run? (or was it just me...)

That's it for today...
Cheers!

4 comments:

Anne said...

It's not just you w/ stretching...over and over I wait until it hurts to remember to stretch. I love the photo in your blog header - it looks so cold and yet, strangely "warm." Welcome to the running blogging community, Anne!

Amy said...

I didn't start getting really serious about stretching until I started having issues with my hip. Makes me wonder if we would have been diligent about stretching before problems started, would it have prevented them? I suppose we will never know the answer to that!

kilax said...

Oh gosh. I ran myself silly into my first injury, and I feel like I might be doing it again now. I need to take time to stretch. I just don't feel like I have it for these morning runs before work! AH!

Lily on the Road said...

yoga, yoga, yoga! It'll help with everything including your asthma!!