Friday, January 8, 2010

Mostly, an excellent day!

First of all, thank you all so much for your concern, advice and encouragement...and I'm grateful no one outright told me to stop running :)  

Quotation for today (another of my favs): "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C.S. Lewis
It's official (Yikes! I mean Yay!) :)


 Ottawa Half Marathon: May 30, 2010 - Registration confirmed

Dr.'s appointment today: So, the bad news is I have a fungus infection in my oesophagus (it's the lesser of two evils - side-effect of Advair). But, it doesn't affect my energy level much or my cardio, so no big deal. The good news is, I did my breathing  test and my lungs kicked butt! So, my doctor has decided to reduce Advair 500 to Advair 250. Yes! Keep your fingers crossed, because around 3-4 months ago, we had tried this and it didn't work. I can feel it though, this time, all this cardio is doin' my lungs a world of good!

Finally, I ran 5K today. I started out feeling really good, but after about 1K I was, get this, too WARM!! I know! It was -6° C (21° F), granted there was no wind, but I mean, too warm!?
But why? ...you ask.

It's because of this cute Peak Performance undergarment (I went to buy long johns and well...you know how it goes). I never wore an undergarment before and didn't know how well they worked. I would have been fine with just this top and my jacket, but I had on an extra polar fleece layer. Now I know! So much to learn...


As for the legs, they were nice and cozy, because I now own long johns!

So, why just 5K you ask. Okay you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyways. First of all, life took over (work, dr's apt., library, pharmacy...you get it). So, we (because I ran with uber hubby) only got out there at 4pm and we had dinner plans.

It's actually dusk out (I lightened the picture)...note my fluorescent fuel belt all lit up!

Second of all, my thigh wasn't pain free, so since I couldn't run any slower without walking, I figured I'd cut down on the length. Finally, I was too WARM! But, I'm good with 5K, we'll try again in a few days (don't despair ticker lady)...tomorrow, I'll bike.


For those of you who are wondering (i.e., family members who read my blog), dinner was at our favorite bring your own wine Indian restaurant in the Park Extension area of Montreal, called Punjab Palace. Mmmmmm...we were with two other couples and it was a wonderful evening.
So, overall, a pretty full day, but mostly a very good day.
Cheers!

No comments: