“I am adaptable, flexible, versatile, and ambitious. I am confident that I can do it all. Just give me a chance and you will see.” Anonymous
Thanks to Kerrie at Mom vs Marathon for this cute Versatile Blogger award.
Now, I must tell you seven fun things about myself.
1) Almost everytime I write the word marathon I mindlessly add a "g" at the end...marathong :) ...I really don't know why!
2) When my daughter was about 3 years old she asked me the following questions: "Do we grow by the head or by the feet?" and another time, after I told her to go to bed if she wanted to grow tall, she answered, "You'll see, I'll go to bed, and tomorrow, I won't even be tall!"
3) Yesterday, I was in downtown Montreal, on Crescent street, where there's a lot of terrasse action. I was walking along with a girlfriend when I saw a $20, a $10 and a $5 dollar bill on the ground. I picked them up and heard someone calling to me from a terrasse above me, I looked up and they pointed to the person who had dropped the money. I ran and gave the person their money. Someone yelled out "Good karma, it's going to come back to you" and the guy who had told me who it was gave me a thumbs up. It was a warm and fuzzy moment.
4) I once won a bike...I had only filled out one coupon, for a bottle of water I bought at the University cafeteria, the one and only time I went there.
5) While in a Cree community in Northern Québec, I once walked to the school where we were working (5 minutes away) in -45°C/-49°F weather...only our eyes weren't covered and ice formed on our lashes.
6) Whenever I run with my ipod (whether it be outside or at the gym) certain songs come on that I find very difficult not to sing along to. I sometimes move my lips without making any sound...but, I'm afraid one day, when I'm in the zone, I'll just break into song without realizing it (maybe I already have)!
7) Yup, that's right, 7 days, 10 hours, and 30 minutes to my first half-marathong ;)...but who's counting? Oh yeah, ME!!!
Running related, all is good...this week is race pace, with a maximum of 10K and lots of rest days. I guess it's "taper" week...I feel so cool using that word in relation to my running. Finally, I can't wait to show you some of the fun things that my "Team" is putting together for our first race...you'll have to wait and see!!
I hope you're having a nice weekend!