Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Where it's at!


"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step."

C. S. Lewis 

First, a quick health update. The excessive fatigue is gone...the culprit was not (just) hormones, but Candida! This is a side effect of my inhalers. I have been taking Fluconazole for this and my energy has now returned to my normal. Yay!

Training is going better now that I don't feel so exhausted. The last two long runs included segments at marathon race pace and it went really well. I'm running by myself again as my SSIL has a faster race pace than I do, but so far, we've always ended up meeting at one point during our runs. We hug and wish each other a good run and then off we go our separate ways. It's a nice boost.

One cool thing is that I did the Montreal Marathon 10k with my whole family. It was such a wonderful experience. We plan on doing it again next year and hopefully, the partners will join us too :)
I was still quite tired in this photo, but I felt such joy!
How lucky am I :)

Everybody was really pleased with their race. It was tall son's first race and he nailed it (47m32s)! Myself, I ran it as a training run and stayed relaxed but strong throughout (1h03m). 

The week after was a fund-raising 5k for my god-daughter's school. It was an absolutely beautiful day and most of the race was done on trails. It was the day after my long run, but the fatigue was lifting so I felt good.

Bringing it home in 29m42s

Less than six weeks until Philadelphia marathon weekend! AHHH! :) Now that I feel better, I am slowly getting my confidence back. 

Happy training everyone!
Cheers!

14 comments:

Teamarcia said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! I just read an article about Candida yesterday.

Char said...

Really enjoyed reading this positive post. I hope your last few long runs go equally well. It'll be taper time before you know it.

Johann said...

Great family pic! Well done to all of you! I am so happy that you are feeling better again. Keep it going!

Robin said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and you know what the culprit was. 6 weeks!! Exciting. You've had a great cycle especially with not feeling the best all the time! Way to go Anne!

ajh said...

Glad you are feeling better. That sounds like a wonderful 10K.

Kate Geisen said...

Your header picture is fantastic. I LOVE it.

Love hearing about your family racing together too. What a great, great feeling (and speedy son!). So glad you're feeling better. Your training has been so strong...stinks to have an interruption like that but now you can come back stronger than ever!

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad you were able to get some answers and are feeling better!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Glad you figured it out - just in time for your race. How exciting to be so close to race day!

Caroline said...

Now fun to do the 10k with the family!!!
C vite ce jeune homme la!
Bien contente de lire que la fatigue est Moins pire...
Je suis a jongler au marathon ...j'hesite Mais je Pense que je dois plonger! Pour mes 45 printemps! Why not?

Jill said...

It's getting so close...how are you feeling? I am so behind on blogs...hope you are feeling awesome and ready to roll!!

Lots of positive vibes headed to you, my friend. Stay strong and keep positive!!

xo

Black Knight said...

Glad you are feeling better. How nice to run a race with all the family! Here it happened only one time for the Race for The Cure.

Unknown said...

I am glad you're feeling better and getting there! I have been trying to find asthma treatment in Brighton CO for my daughter. She loves running but has asthma. What would you suggest?

Montrice Drucker said...

Thank you for motivating us towards fitness and health.

fun gifts for runners

Montrice Drucker said...

Nice Blog! Your blog really inspiriting me towards fitness and health. Always curious for more updates.

unique gifts for runners