Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gratitude

“Regardless of Sunshine or Rain, Be Thankful for another GREAT day…and treat Life as the ULTIMATE Gift.... Because IT IS”   Pablo

There are no words to express my sadness and disbelief...my thoughts are with all the families who will not be celebrating the holidays with their little ones this year. My thoughts are with the teachers who will be missed by so many. There is nothing that can explain such a tragedy...nothing.


This morning, it was cold, windy and snowing outside when I went for my 18km long run...and all I felt was gratitude. Not a day goes by that I don't realize how very lucky I am. I'm so grateful that I have the privilege of making training for a PR one of my priorities these days. It seems incredible that planning today's run was deemed relatively important by both myself and my husband. Of course, I'm not saying that running is the most important thing in my life, but I'm saying that at this point in my life, running can be important to me...and I'm so unbelievably grateful. 

It's been another good week...which included one spinning class and a session with a personal trainer to put together a program for me to do at the gym. I plan on going twice a week to do this workout. It is made up of two mini-circuits and each included 3 series of 3 X 1 min per exercise. The focus is on legs and core, though there is a short section for arms and back. I'm pleased with this program and I look forward to seeing how it helps. This Friday, I will try the yoga class at the gym...I'm also looking forward to that.

I'm really enjoying my new running training program as it has nice variety. Already in the first few weeks I've done "Strides", some race-pace segments, and I'll add some Fartlek this week. Along with Steady runs and Long runs. There will also be some out-and-back tempo runs, where the second half is expected to be faster than the first half. I'm still feeling motivated, which is a nice feeling.

Take care everyone...hugs to you and your loved ones.
Cheers!


5 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

You sound like you're in such a good spot in life. So happy for you! :) And your training sounds like it's going GREAT! Smart to mix it up with some spinning, strength, and yoga, too. You're going to be one fast, well-rounded lady.

ajh said...

Glad it is going so well. It is snowing here now but we hadn't had any.

Teamarcia said...

Anne your new program sounds perfect--I love variety and feel like it does the body good). We've been rainy, ugly and overcast here, which seems perfect given the mood of the nation in the wake of the tragedy. Hugs!

Char said...

So nice that your husband is prioritising your runs as much as you are. It makes it easier to get out there guilt-free.

Robin said...

Great post and great week of training.