Sunday, November 18, 2012

First run of my new program - Check!


"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
St. Francis of Assisi

Today was the first run on my new training program. It started with a 14km long slow distance. Well, that's not exactly how it went. You see, my daughter started running this year and she has caught the bug. So now, she has a part time job working for a running store called, "La maison de la course" where she also leads a running 101 clinic. I'm so proud of her! So this morning, I wanted to go shopping for winter running clothes and I decided to go with my daughter and join one of the running groups at the store. The longest run that was going close to my pace was an 8km distance group, so I joined them. Usually, when I do my Sunday runs, I use a 10/1 ratio. However, this morning, my run was non-stop and at a steady run pace...it also included two solid hills. It was a beautiful day and I truly enjoyed running with the group, but I was 6km short for the day.

I then went shopping and my daughter asked me to wait for her and we could run 6km together after her work. So this evening, when she came home, my son joined us and the three of us went for a run. How lucky am I to get to run with two of my kids :)

So once again, the run was at a steady pace and non-stop. This means that today I ran a total of 14km, as per my program! That's it, I've taken the first necessary step towards my goal.

Have a great week everyone!
Cheers!

7 comments:

Johann said...

That is awesome! You are very lucky as most people just complain that their kids don't want to do anything. Yay for the 14km start of your program!

Robin said...

Sounds like a great day of running!

Cinthia said...

Welcome back, Anne! I missed you. Congrats on the start of your new running program. And how cool to be able to run with your kids.

Kate Geisen said...

Very nice to get to run with two of your kids! Definitely worth breaking the run into chunks. :)

ajh said...

Love that you ran with both your kids! Nothing like it! Did you buy new running clothes? That is one of the best parts of running.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

How great it must be to run with your kids!

Beth said...

Great start to your program! Running with your child is the best- you are so lucky!